Breakfast is so much more than putting something in your mouth in the morning. Regardless if your day starts slow, or you have a hectic morning schedule, don’t skip breakfast. In our previous post, we shared the important benefits of a healthy breakfast as a critical component to overall good health.
The good news is you don’t have to slave away for hours trying to whip something up. There are plenty of ways to make it easier to fit breakfast into your day. Take advantage of your mornings to build a good breakfast routine. With appropriate planning you can create the time prepare some easy breakfast options that are healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
In this 2 part series we share some easy breakfast options that are healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
Oats/Oatmeal Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Oats are a great option for your morning meal. They are packed with a lot of fiber to help you keep full all morning. They can easily be cooked in just a few minutes. Steele cut oats take longer to cook than regular rolled oats, so we recommend you cook them the previous night. That way you wake up to a creamy bowl!
- Use water, almond or soy milk, Greek yogurt, skimmed or regular milk to get them nice and creamy. For toppings, skip the sugar, and opt to sweeten it with little squirt of honey or maple syrup. You can also sweeten it naturally with berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon
Breakfast Suggestion for Eggs
- Omelets and Sunny side eggs are super easy to make and are filled with protein. Adding veggies provides tons of other vitamins and minerals. Whisk two eggs in a bowl and add it to a medium-hot pan. Toss in any veggie you like — spinach, tomatoes, etc. to make great and yummy omelets!
- You could also make eggs in a muffin tin like a frittata. Whisk together eggs with something you would enjoy, like bacon, turkey, chicken or chopped up green onion. Then pour your batter into a muffin tin and bake in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas For Toast
- It’s a myth that bread is bad for you. It’s all about the choices you make. Go for whole grain bread, and check the ingredient list to make sure there aren’t a ton of added preservatives.
- Toast up about two slices and spread smashed avocado drizzled lightly with honey or add almond butter and banana.
- You can also add red onion, spinach, and cucumbers, and make a yummy veggie sandwich that is a healthy option as well.