A warm cup of tea is often linked with detox, and with the right healthy tea recipes, you can brew the perfect cup to also help boost feelings of relaxation. A healthy cup of tea is rich in antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, and provides several benefits such as boosting immunity, aiding digestion, and detoxification.
Stress and anxiety often impact sleep, and overall health negatively. A delicious cup of tea can be the antidote to a stressful day or a busy schedule, helping you refresh your mind. Below are a few quick and easy-to-make, healthy tea recipes that are sure to warm you from the inside and help you relax.
Healthy Tea Recipes: Chamomile with Honey
Chamomile tea is a good way to start your day relaxed and energized as it helps soothe symptoms of anxiety. This calming tea is packed full of goodness and has a positive effect on feelings of anxiety. It is excellent for de-stressing and may help boost to your immune system.
- 3 tsp of dried chamomile
- 1 small lemon, optional
- 2 tsp honey
- Boil water and leave to sit for 1 min
- Put the dried chamomile and 2 slices of lemon into the teapot
- Leave the chamomile and lemon to infuse for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the honey to sweeten
- You can strain tea directly into your cup
Ginger Lemon Tea with Honey
This ginger and lemon combo is caffeine-free, detoxifying, and great to make during winter and flu season. The ginger has anti-inflammatory properties while lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and is a great agent. This healthy tea recipe is refreshing, soothes irritation and nasal congestion and helps you recover from flu.
- 1 medium ginger root (grated)
- Lemon slices
- Place the grated ginger in a teapot with 2 cups of water.
- Bring water to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Allow the lemon to infuse for 2-3 mins.
- Let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid to catch the large ginger pieces
- Stir in the honey to sweeten
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Healthy Tea Recipes: Turmeric & Ginger with Lemon
This ginger turmeric is easy to make with just a handful of natural ingredients. This non-caffeinated drink tea possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce pain and protect against disease. It has a warm and spicy flavor, and is loaded with antioxidants, eases digestion, and helps bring you a sense of calm.
- 2 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 1 small ginger root freshly chopped
- Small lemon (sliced)
- cinnamon 1 tsp (optional)
- Place the grated ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon together in a teapot
- Pour in 2 cups of water.
- Bring to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Let the lemon sit for 2-3 mins.
- Use a strainer to catch the pieces of ginger directly into your cup or into a teapot.
- Add honey to sweeten if you like.
Tips on Brewing the Perfect Cup of Tea
Listed below are a few tips on how to brew the perfect cup to help you unwind in the morning or evening.
- Make use of fresh ginger and lemon for more health benefits and flavor.
- Allow at least 5 minutes for the tea to steep and flavor to develop.
- For a stronger lemon ginger tea, steep it for up to 10 minutes.
- Try to use natural honey in place of an artificial one.